Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet’s own interpretation of things. 21 For prophecy never had its origin in the human will, but prophets, though human, spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit. 2 Peter 1:20-21
Why should I trust the bible?
- It is historically accurate
- For the word of the Lord is right and true Psalms 33:4
- It is scientifically accurate
- He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth. Isaiah 40:22
- It is prophetically accurate
These words are trustworthy and true. The Lord, the God who inspires the prophets, sent his angel to show his servants the things that must soon take place. Revelation 22:6
Why Should I Read The Bible?
1. Scriptures reveals Christ and God’s thoughts to us.
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God p may be thoroughly equipped for every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17
2. The bible renews our minds to think as we should.
For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope. Romans 15:4
3. God’s word empowers us for everyday living.
The words I have spoken to you—they are full of the Spirit and life. John 6:63
…he received living words to pass on to us. Acts 7:38
12 For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
How to read the bible.
- Get a study bible.
- Find reading plan.
- Daily find a quiet place.