35 Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 36 When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.
1. Recondition our hearts to sense the pain and needs of others.
37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful…
2. Refocus our eyes to see the magnitude of our mission to reach lost and hurting people.
37 Then he said to his disciples, “The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.
3. Re-examine our role and responsibility to the vision of reaching people.
38 Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field.”
4. Remember to pray for people to respond to the needs of the vision.
After this the Lord appointed seventy-two others and sent them two by two ahead of him to every town and place where he was about to go. 2 He told them, “The harvest is plentiful, but the workers are few. Ask the Lord of the harvest, therefore, to send out workers into his harvest field. 3 Go! I am sending you…
5. Realize you are part of God’s solution to reach the world.