The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full.
How To Discern God’s voice:
1. Ask him to speak and reveal Himself to you.
2. It takes time to learn to hear and discern His voice.
3. Does it agree with Scripture?
4. Do mature believers confirm it?
5. Does it produce peace?
Different Ways God Still Speaks:
1. God speaks through His written word.
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.
2. God speaks through peace He gives us.
Col. 3:15 & Phil. 4:7
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts… And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
3. God speaks through other believers.
We sought out the disciples there and stayed with them seven days. Through the Spirit they urged Paul not to go on to Jerusalem.
4. God can speak through dreams and visions.
I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions, your old men will dream dreams.
5. God speaks through our thoughts.
But when he, the Spirit of truth, comes, he will guide you into all the truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 14 He will glorify me because it is from me that he will receive what he will make known to you.
6. God speaks in unconventional ways.
In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways…