ABC's of Financial Freedom - Part 4 - Decision to be Generous
Let’s Review Where we have been:
- Attitude, Bondage, Choice…
- Attitude: We believe it all belongs to God. Most of our money problems exist between our ears.
- Bondage: We live on less than we make & aren’t in dumb debt. We can never live the life we want to live financially if we’re in debt.
- Choice: We honor God with the first 10%. The Biggest Choice we can make concerning our finances is to put God first!
D = Decide to be Generous.
- “Strategic Generosity.” There’s actually a term for it: “Sowing & Reaping.”
6 Principles of Sowing Seed:
1. Sowing & Reaping is a Law of Nature.
- Farmers have understood this principle since the beginning of time. In our generation, we may call it “Cause & Effect.” – In other words, if you do this, then that will happen.
2. Sowing & Reaping is a Spiritual Law as well.
Galatians 6:7 “Do not be deceived; God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows.” – New International Version
“Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap.” – New American Standard Version
3. We reap in kind to what we sow.
Galatians 6:8 “Whoever sows to please their flesh, from the flesh will reap destruction; whoever sows to please the Spirit, from the Spirit will reap eternal life.”
4. We reap proportionately to what we sow.
2 Corinthians 9:6 “Remember this: Whoever sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and whoever sows generously will also reap generously.”
5. We always reap more than we sow.
6. There’s always a distance between the “Sowing Season” and the “Reaping Season.”
The Big Idea: Principle: The Power is in the Seed!
People think that the power is in the harvest, but the power is actually in the seed.
Mark 4:30-32 “And he said “With what can we compare the kingdom of God, or what parable shall we use for it? It is like a grain of mustard-seed, which, when sown on the ground, is the smallest of all of the seeds on Earth, yet when it is sown it grows up and becomes larger than all of the garden plant and puts our large branches, so that the birds of the air can make nest in it shade.””
There are 3 Driving Beliefs behind Sowing Seed
- We must believe that God is our source
- We must sow seed in advance of the harvest we seek
- We look to God for the Harvest
ABC’s of Financial Freedom
- Attitude: We believe it all belongs to God.
- Bondage: We live on less than we make & aren’t in dumb debt.
- Choice: We honor God with the first 10%.
- Decide: Decide to be strategic with your finances – generosity
- Decide to sow seed Strategically & believe God for the harvest accordingly!
Put your faith in God and not man or the thinking of the world. Show God and the world around you that your faith is bigger than you bill pile!
Worship Him with your giving and watch how God uses your generosity to grown the Kingdom and bless other around you.
Decide to be strategic in your finances and allow God to bless you and your family because you put Him first in all things.