Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
- Two Objectives as Parents
- We want enjoyable adult relationships with our children.
- We want our children to have a strong faith in God.
- Don’t fail to discipline your children. The rod of punishment won’t kill them.
Physical discipline may well save them from death. Proverbs 23:13-14
- Four stages of Discipline
- Discipline years (1-5)
- Training years (5-12)
- Coaching years (12-18)
- Friendship years (18+)
- And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your strength. And you must commit yourselves wholeheartedly to these commands that I am giving you today. Repeat them again and again to your children. Talk about them when you are at home and when you are on the road, when you are going to bed and when you are getting up. Deuteronomy 6:5-7